This festive cocktail combines eggnog’s rich, creamy comfort with the smoky depth of mezcal, creating a unique and flavorful holiday drink. It’s perfect for sipping by the fireplace or enjoying your Christmas gathering.
- 2 oz espadín mezcal
- 1 oz eggnog
- 1/2 oz fresh orange juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Garnish: Orange peel twist and cinnamon stick
- Combine all ingredients except the garnish in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist and a cinnamon stick.
- For a spicier kick, add a few dashes of Angostura bitters.
- If you don’t have espadín mezcal, you can use another type of mezcal, such as tobala or pechuga.
- You can make your eggnog at home or use store-bought eggnog. Just be sure to choose a high-quality brand.
- This cocktail can be served on the rocks if you prefer colder.
Here are some additional variations you can try:
- White Christmas Nog-arita: Use white chocolate liqueur instead of eggnog for a lighter and sweeter drink.
- Spiced Nog-arita: Add a pinch of cardamom or cloves to the cocktail for an extra wintery flavor.
- Smoky Cranberry Nog-arita: Muddle 4 fresh cranberries in the shaker before adding the other ingredients for a tart and festive touch.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and festive mezcal Christmas cocktail!